- Description of the application: Screw Booster
- Former type of transmission: V‐belts
- Type of users: Private / Professionals
- Complaints: Low-yield / High noise level / Drive dimensions / High costs
PROBLEMS & CONSEQUENCES
- Low-yield: V‐belt does no enable to have the best yield possible.
- High noise: Flapping of the V-belt due to the variation of tension.
- Drive dimensions: Due to V-belts transmission.
- Maintenance and energy costs: Retensioning is regularly needed.
SOLUTION & BENEFITS
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: POLY V®
- High yield and power: More than 98% of output, until 500 kW.
- Silence: The Poly V® belt allows a noise reduction level (-6dBA).
- Compact drive: Thanks to the Poly V® belt, diameter and pulley width are reduced.
- Savings: Less maintenance (no need to retension the Poly V® ). Lower electric consumption (due to savings in CO2).